Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just Moved...

Sorry, it has been awhile since I posted. Within the last year I spent a lot of time figuring out how to get my blog hosted on my own site using FTP (File Transfer Protocol, a standard systems of transferring multiple and large files). I had it all working, then www.blogger.com decided to stop supporting FTP transfer beginning in May. So, I have been thinking about how to best go about moving my blog. Ultimately, I decided to have www.blogger.com host it for free. The problem is that if you came to his site via www.sederburns.com, this blog opened in a new window. I really don't think that is ideal, so this is really a stop gap measure. It also required me to modify the navigation on all my pages. As I am planning a major revision of my website for later this summer, I will decide on how to best proceed at that point. I am currently exploring www.wordpress.com in consideration of moving my blog to that platform. Until that time, I will continue to use Blogger. I am working on a post on focus stacking. Focus stacking is a means to combine the sharp parts of an image, those within the photo's depth of field, into a single image with fantastic depth of field.
Image stacking software such as Helicon and Combine ZM (as well as the capabilities within Photoshop) allow you to digitally combine images for seemingly endless depth of field. You can watch these two videos in preparation:

Focus Stacking Explained

and

Video on using Photoshop for focus stacking

No comments: